Become a Tutor
We are actively looking for volunteer tutors for our program. Are you interested in teaching a student to read or write (BL - Basic Literacy student)? Are you interested in helping a student learn to speak English (ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages)? We offer a six-week training course (3 hours each session), taught by certified Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts trainers. At the end of the training, you will be matched with a student and then the fun begins!
- We offer ESOL tutor training classes throughout the year, at both Framingham Public Library and Morse Institute Library (Natick).
- We also offer a BL tutor training class each year, typically in the fall.
Come to an information session to find out more about our wonderful program. We will talk about the organization of Literacy Unlimited and Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts. Learn the type of tutoring that we practice. Meet the coordinator and other potential tutors. There is no registration required for information sessions.
- Wednesday, October 4th, 1:30 - 3pm, Morse Institute Library (Literacy Center - 2nd floor)
- Tuesday, October 31st, 10 - 11:30am, Framingham Public Library (Costin Room)
We do require registration for the 6-week tutor trainings. Please click on the link below to register.
- ESOL training. Wednesdays, October 11 to November 15; 1:30 - 4:30pm; Morse Institute Library (Literacy Center - 2nd floor)
- BL training. Tuesdays, November 7 to December 12; 10am - 1pm; Framingham Public Library (Costin Room)
For more information, please contact the office at 508-532-5574 or email@example.com.