Become a Tutor
We are actively looking for volunteer tutors for our program. Are you interested in teaching a student to read or write (Basic Literacy student)? Are you interested in helping a student learn to speak English (English for Speakers of Other Languages)? We offer a six-week training course (3 hours each session), taught by certified Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts trainers. At the end of the training, you will be matched with a student and then the fun begins!
- We have a concentrated ESOL training course scheduled for June and July (2 sessions per week for 3 weeks). The course will meet at Framingham Public Library (Main Branch).
- The next Basic Literacy Training will be in Fall 2017.
Come to an information session to find out more about our wonderful program. We will talk about the organization of Literacy Unlimited and Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts. Learn the type of tutoring that we practice. Meet the coordinator and other potential tutors. There is no registration required for information sessions.
- Thursday, June 22nd, 10-11:30am, Framingham Public Library (Homework Center)
We do require registration for the 6-week tutor trainings. Please click on the link below to register.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 27 to July 20; 10am to 1pm (Homework Center)
- There will be no classes the week of July 4th.
For more information, please contact the office at 508-532-5574 or firstname.lastname@example.org.