Become a Tutor
We are actively looking for volunteer tutors for our program. Are you interested in teaching a student to read or write (Basic Literacy student)? Are you interested in helping a student learn to speak English (English for Speakers of Other Languages)? We offer a six-week training course (3 hours each session), taught by certified Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts trainers. At the end of the training, you will be matched with a student and then the fun begins!
- We have ESOL training courses scheduled for March and April. The courses will meet at Framingham Public Library (Main Branch).
- The next Basic Literacy Training will be in Fall 2017. We will hold another ESOL training in the summer.
Come to an information session to find out more about our wonderful program. We will talk about the organization of Literacy Unlimited and Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts. Learn the type of tutoring that we practice. Meet the coordinator and other potential tutors. There is no registration required for information sessions.
- Tuesday, March 7th, 10 - 11:30am, Framingham Public Library (J-Program Room on lower level)
- Wednesday, April 12th, 6 - 7:30pm, Framingham Public Library (J-Program Room on lower level)
We do require registration for the 6-week tutor trainings. Please click on the link below to register.
- Tuesdays, March 14th through April 18th, 10am – 1pm at Framingham Public Library (J-Program Room on lower level)
- Wednesdays, April 19th through May 24th, 6 - 9pm at Framingham Public Library (J-Program Room on lower level)
For more information, please contact the office at 508-532-5574 or email@example.com.