Framingham Public Library is pleased to offer the Amazon Echo (first generation), a smart speaker system that communicates with devices in your home.
For more information about the Echo and its features, click here.
Check availability at the Main and McAuliffe Branch Libraries here.
To use Amazon Echo, you will need:
- An Android or iOS tablet or smartphone, or a computer that can connect to wifi
- A home wifi network (you cannot set up the Echo on the library's wifi network)
- The Alexa app, from Amazon
- An Amazon account
- In order to borrow a device a patron must have a Minuteman Network Library card in good standing and must sign the Device Loan Agreement.
- Devices are available to be borrowed in person at the Framingham Public Library.
- Devices are not available for loan between Minuteman Library Network libraries or for Interlibrary Loan outside the Network.
- The Device must be returned to the Circulation Desk at the Library where it was borrowed. It cannot be placed in a book drop or returned to any other Minuteman Network Library.
- Devices are limited to one at a time per patron, for each type of device.
- 14 Day Loan
- No renewals
- Overdue fines: $2 per day
The library is not responsible for any costs incurred or damage to personal equipment while borrowers use the devices or for the security of connected patron devices.
The library does its best to provide clean and fully functional equipment, but is not responsible for unforeseen hardware or software failure. Borrowers are responsible for the safe-keeping and return of these items to the library in good working order and assume liability for the equipment while it is in their care. Borrower is responsible for damaged and/or missing pieces of the package.
|Amazon Echo device purchase||$180|
|Case or case component||$15|
Before returning the Echo to the library, reset it to factory settings. See device instructions for details.