Framingham Public Library is pleased to offer Google Home, a smart speaker system that communicates with devices in your home.
For more information about Google Home and its features, click here.
Check availability at the Main and McAuliffe Branch Libraries here.
To use Google Home (GH), you will need:
- An Android or iOS tablet or smartphone which is set up for English and which supports a 5Ghz wifi connection
- A secure 5Ghz wifi network -- most wifi routers and mobile devices sold in recent years support the 5Ghz band.
- The Google Home app
- A Google account
Note: You cannot set up GH on the library's wifi network.
- 14 day loan period, no renewals, overdue fines: $2 per day
- In order to borrow a device a patron must have a Minuteman Network Library card in good standing and must sign the Device Loan Agreement.
- Devices are available to be borrowed in person at the Framingham Public Library.
- Devices are not available for loan between Minuteman Library Network libraries or for Interlibrary Loan outside the Network.
- The Device must be returned to the Circulation Desk at the Library where it was borrowed. It cannot be placed in a book drop or returned to any other Minuteman Network Library.
- Devices are limited to one at a time per patron, for each type of device.
Borrower Responsibility and Replacement Costs:
- The library is not responsible for any costs incurred or damage to personal equipment while borrowers use the devices or for the security of connected patron devices.
- The library does its best to provide clean and fully functional equipment, but is not responsible for unforeseen hardware or software failure.
- Borrowers are responsible for the safe-keeping and return of these items to the library in good working order and assume liability for the equipment while it is in their care.
- Borrower is responsible for damaged and/or missing pieces of the package:
|Google Home device||$130|
|Google Home power adapter||$130 (not currently sold separately)|
|Case or case component||$20|
Before returning the Google Home to the Library, reset it to factory settings. See device instructions for details.