The Roku lets you stream movies and TV shows straight to your TV. Check out some of what it can do below!
Check the catalog to see if it's available.
- Note: our Roku works only with TVs that have an HDMI port.
- Connect the supplied HDMI cable from the Roku into an HDMI port on your TV.
- Insert two AA betteries in to the Roku remote, if they are not already installed. (The remote control does not need to be aimed at the Roku; it just needs to be in the same room.)
- Plug the Roku power adaptor into the round jack in the Roku, and then into a power source. It will turn on automatically.
- Turn on your TV and select the appropriate HDMI input source. Once you do this, you should see the Roku screen.
- Set up your network connection.
- Press the Home button on the remote. Scroll down to Settings, and then scroll to the right to Network.
- If you want to establish a wireless connection, select Wireless and enter your wireless network name and password, if neccesary.
- If you want to use a wired connection, connect an Ethernet cable (not supplied) between the Roku and your router, and select Wired Connection in Network Settings.
- If you wish to erase your wireless setting on the Roku:
- Go to the home screen.
- Advanced System Settings
- Network Connection Reset
- Reset Connection
- Make sure all of the components are back in the case.
- Return the device to staff at the circulation desk.
- Go to the Netflix Channel
- Use Search to find specific titles or
- Browse Lists
Thank you to the Friends of the Library for the Netflix Subscription.
What is the Vudu Channel?
Free MOVIES that the library owns!
To begin watching these Ultraviolet movies on Roku, simply follow these instructions:
- Turn on the Roku, and select the Vudu channel
- On the top banner of Vudu, select “My Vudu” (Vudu’s name for FPL movies)
- Select “Movies” from the 2 nd banner
- A list of 80+ movie covers will appear. The library adds the Ultraviolet Code from newly purchased titles to Vudu for you to view for free!
- ABC News
- CBS News
- NBC News
- Fox News
- The CW
- Smithsonian channel
- PBS Kids
- Sesame Street Go
- Jim Henson Family TV
- Roku Media Player Channel
- Framingham Public Library Rokus are pre-configured with accounts, channels, and content. To avoid paying a reconfiguration fee**, do not modify or delete accounts, channels or content on the device. Please notify the library if any expected content is missing.
- Borrower should be aware that browsing and viewing history may be seen by subsequent borrowers.
- The library is not responsible for any costs incurred or damage to personal equipment while borrowers use the Roku or for the security of connected patron devices.
- The library does its best to provide clean and fully functional equipment, but is not responsible for unforseen hardware or software failure.
- Borrowers are responsible for the safekeeping and return of these items to the library in good working order and assume liability for the equipment while its in their care.
- Borrower is responsible for damaged and/or missing pieces of the package.
Roku equipment and replacement cost:
- Roku Device: $90
- Roku Remote: $15
- Roku Power Adapter: $10
- Case: $11
- Roku HDMI cable: $3
- Instruction Sheet and Channel List: $5
- Roku Reconfiguration Fee: $10.00**
- Lost Box:$109
**This fee is applicable if ANY changes are made to channels, accounts, or content. THIS INCLUDES SIGNING OUT OF ANY CHANNELS SUCH AS NETFLIX OR PERFORMING A FACTORY RESET. Borrower agrees NOT to make any changes to the Roku (other than network settings) in order to avoid this fee.
- In order to borrow a Thing a patron must have a Minuteman Network Library card in good standing and must sign the Loan Agreement.
- Things are available to be borrowed in person.
- Things are not available for loan between Minuteman Library Network libraries or for Interlibrary Loan outside the Network.
- The Thing must be returned to the Circulation Desk at the Library where it was borrowed. It cannot be placed in a book drop or returned to any other Minuteman Network Library.
- 14 Day Loan
- No renewals
- Overdue fines $2 per day