Become a Tutor
We are actively looking for volunteer tutors for our program. Are you interested in teaching a student to read or write (BL - Basic Literacy student)? Are you interested in helping a student learn to speak English (ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages)? We offer a six-week training course (3 hours each session), taught by certified Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts trainers. At the end of the training, you will be matched with a student and then the fun begins!
- We offer ESOL tutor training classes throughout the year, at both Framingham Public Library and Morse Institute Library (Natick).
- We also offer a BL tutor training class each year, typically in the fall.
Come to an information session to find out more about our wonderful program. We will talk about the organization of Literacy Unlimited and Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts. Learn the type of tutoring that we practice. Meet the coordinator and other potential tutors. There is no registration required for information sessions.
- Thursday, January 17th. 10am to 12 noon. Framingham Public Library
- Wednesday, March 6th, 5:30pm to 7:30pm, Framingham Public Library
- Tuesday, March 19th, 10:30am to 12:30pm, Morse Institute Library (Natick), Prunaret Room
We do require registration for the 6-week tutor trainings. It is recommended that you attend an information session prior to beginning for tutor training. Please click on the link below to register.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages Tutor Training. Thursdays, January 24th to February 28th, 10am to 1pm. Framingham Public Library
- English for Speakers of Other Languages Tutor Training. Wednesdays, March 13th to April 17th, 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Framingham Public Library
- English for Speakers of Other Languages Tutor Training. Tuesdays, March 26th to April 30th, 10:30am to 1:30pm. Morse Institute Library, Prunaret Room (Natick)
For more information, please contact the office at 508-532-5574 or email@example.com.