Brown Bag Learning Series
Looking for a fun way to learn something new? Join us at the Main Library for the Brown Bag Learning Series. Bring your lunch from 12-1pm every first Friday of the month and hear local experts talk about practical and relevant topics such as retirement, health, travel, personal finance, urban gardening, and more.
Here are our speakers and topics for 2018-2019:
- April 6 - Advanced Retirement Strategies- Stephen Pessotti
- May 4 - Introduction to Homeopathy - Vera Volfson
- June 1 - Fun Ways to Stay Active and Healthy - Allison Holland, Home Helpers of Wayland
- July 13 - Qi Gong - Brenda Scott
- August 3 - Rethinking Consumerism: Strategies for Living with Less - Brigitte Griffin and Claudia Ruiz-Gustafson. If you missed this presentation, view the Rethinking Consumerism slides here.
- September 7 - On Angel's Wings, Journey through Alzheimer's - Deborah Lynn/Nancy McGeoghegan
- October 5 - Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine - Dr. Hua Hai. If you missed this presentation, you can view the Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine slides here.
- November 2 - Planning and Community Development Updates - Arthur Robert
- December 7 - Library of Things Showcase - Kara MacKeil-Pepin. If you missed this presentation, you can view the Library of Things slides here.
- January 4 - Rocket-Fueled Metabolism - Chris Hauck. If you missed this presentation, you can view the Rocket-Fueled Metabolism handouts here.
- February 1 - Be Heart Healthy: Prevention Strategies - Kitty Mahoney. View the Be Heart Healthy materials here.
View some of our past presentations, as recorded by the Framingham Government Channel:
- December 2018 - Library of Things Showcase
- August 2018 - Rethinking Consumerism
- May 2018 - Introduction to Homeopathy
- April 2018 - Advanced Retirement Strategies
- March 2018 - Kill Your Lawn
- February 2018 - Road Scholar
- November 2017 - Mind, Body & Spine
- September 2017 - Framingham Downtown Renaissance
- January 2016 - "No Worries" Organizing
- November 2015 - The Quest for a Cure
For more information about the Brown Bag Learning Series, please contact Helen Lui at 508-532-5570 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.