Brown Bag Learning Series
Looking for a fun way to learn something new? Join us at the Main Library for the Brown Bag Learning Series. Bring your lunch from 12-1pm every first Friday of the month and hear local experts talk about practical and relevant topics such as retirement, health, travel, personal finance, urban gardening, and more.
Speakers and topics for the past 12 months:
- December 4, 2020: The Father, Son, and Holy Shuttle: Growing Up an Astronaut’s Kid in the Glorious 80s. Patrick Mullane. View the video recording.
- November 6, 2020: The Upside of Depression, Marcy Venezia. View the presentation slides and video recording.
- October 2, 2020: My Two Cities, a Story of Immigration and Inspiration, Robin Stein & Hanni Myers. View the video recording.
- September 11, 2020: The Rise of Social Entrepreneurs, Brandale Randolph. View video recording.
- August 7, 2020: Fake News is Not the Problem: Issues with Information Consumption in a Digital Environment, Brandy Horne. View video recording.
- July 3, 2020: Brown Bag Learning Series: The Value of Old and Rare Books, Kenneth Gloss. View video recording.
- June 2020: We miss you at our monthly Brown Bag programs. For now, stay safe at home and keep learning something new.
Listen to this month's featured TED Talk: How Trees Talk to Each Other, Presented by Suzanne Simard, Professor of Forest Ecology, University of British Columbia.
If you want to learn more, we suggest borrowing these titles, available as digital books and/or audiobooks through Hoopla:
- March 6, 2020: Waste Not: Recycle - Stephen Sarnosky and Darren Guertin. View the presentation slides here. Video recording coming soon.
- February 7, 2020: Health and Wellness Fair - Cynthia Stone and Regis College students.
- January 3, 2020: Exercise Strategies for Busy People - Dr. Christopher A. Hauck. View the Framingham Government Channel video recording here.
- December 6, 2019: That's e-Entertainment: Discover the World of Digital Books, Movies, Music and More!- Marcy Maiorana. View the presentation slides.
- November 1, 2019: Making Progress Together - Courtney Thraen. View the Framingham Government Channel video recording. View the presentation slides.
- October 4, 2019: Understanding Social Security: Your Questions Answered - Vance Williams. View the presentation slides.
- September 6, 2019: Global Volunteers - Lois Levick. View the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- August 2, 2019: Beekeeping 101 - Kelly Cashman. View the presentation slides and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- June 7, 2019: The Fascinating Hobby of Amateur Radio - John Iwuc. View the presentation slides and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- May 3, 2019: Home Buying 101 - Konstantina Choros. View the Home Buying 101 presentation slides.
- April 5, 2019: Total Life Energy- Julia H. Sun. View the presentation slides here.
- March 1, 2019: Understanding the Opioid Epidemic - Kelly Joseph. View the Understanding the Opioid Epidemic slides and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- February 1, 2019: Be Heart Healthy: Prevention Strategies - Kitty Mahoney. View the Be Heart Healthy materials.
- January 4, 2019: Rocket-Fueled Metabolism - Chris Hauck. View the Rocket-Fueled Metabolism handouts and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- December 7, 2018: Library of Things Showcase - Kara MacKeil-Pepin. View the Library of Things slides and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
For more information about the Brown Bag Learning Series, please contact Helen Lui at 508-532-5570 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.