Brown Bag Learning Series
Looking for a fun way to learn something new? Join us at the Main Library for the Brown Bag Learning Series. Bring your lunch from 12-1pm every first Friday of the month and hear local experts talk about practical and relevant topics such as retirement, health, travel, personal finance, urban gardening, and more.
Speakers and topics for the past 12 months:
- August 2, 2019: Beekeeping 101 - Kelly Cashman. View the presentation slides.
- June 7, 2019: The Fascinating Hobby of Amateur Radio - John Iwuc. View the presentation slides and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- May 3, 2019: Home Buying 101 - Konstantina Choros. View the Home Buying 101 presentation slides.
- April 5, 2019: Total Life Energy- Julia H. Sun.
- March 1, 2019: Understanding the Opioid Epidemic - Kelly Joseph. View the Understanding the Opioid Epidemic slides.
- February 1, 2019: Be Heart Healthy: Prevention Strategies - Kitty Mahoney. View the Be Heart Healthy materials.
- January 4, 2019: Rocket-Fueled Metabolism - Chris Hauck. View the Rocket-Fueled Metabolism handouts and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- December 7, 2018: Library of Things Showcase - Kara MacKeil-Pepin. View the Library of Things slides and the Framingham Government Channel video recording.
- November 2, 2018: Planning and Community Development Updates - Arthur Robert. View the video recording from the Framingham Government Channel.
- October 5, 2018: Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine - Dr. Hua Hai. View the Introduction to Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine slides.
- September 7, 2018: On Angel's Wings, Journey through Alzheimer's - Deborah Lynn/Nancy McGeoghegan.
- August 3, 2018: Rethinking Consumerism: Strategies for Living with Less - Brigitte Griffin and Claudia Ruiz-Gustafson. View the Rethinking Consumerism slides and the video recording from the Framingham Beat.
- July 13, 2018: Qi Gong - Brenda Scott.
- June 1, 2018: Fun Ways to Stay Active and Healthy - Allison Holland, Home Helpers of Wayland.
- May 4, 2018: Introduction to Homeopathy - Vera Volfson. View the Framingham Government Channel recording.
- April 6, 2018: Advanced Retirement Strategies- Stephen Pessotti. View the Framingham Government Channel recording.
For more information about the Brown Bag Learning Series, please contact Helen Lui at 508-532-5570 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.