Scroll down for more resources.
- Healing Abuse Working for Change (HAWC). Domestic violence hotlines, emergency shelter, and counseling. 24/7 hotline. 800-547-1649.
- Parents Helping Parents Parental Stress Line 1-800-632-8188.
- Massachusetts 211 is a referral hotline you call to find assistance from all kinds of social service agencies - food banks, health, financial, elder and child care, mental health, housing, domestic violence, and much more. Just call 2-1-1, 24/7.
Local Support Groups
- Mondays 11am - New Moms Group with Elizabeth Sarantopoulos (for moms with infants 0-12 months old):
- Mondays 2pm - Parent Support - Helping Kids Manage Isolation and Anxiety with Deb Hurowitz:
- Mondays 5pm - Groove & Flow with Eve Costarelli - a mix of yoga, dance and mindfulness that affords the participants the opportunity to explore and experience the joy of movement and freedom of expression within a supportive, creative environment, regardless of experience and/or abilities:
- Mondays 7:30-9pm - Mommying is Hard is a safe non-judgmental peer support group for moms to talk about the joys and challenges of motherhood.
- Second Tuesday of month 7-8:30 pm - New Dads RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursdays 10 am - Yoga for Tots+ with Eve Costarelli - Classes are imaginative, playful and vary from very active to quietly meditative. Children will explore yoga poses and relaxation techniques through stories, games, books and songs which help to develop their confidence, awareness, focus and their interactions with peers within a safe, supportive environment. Fun for all!
- Thursdays 10-11:30 am - Emotional Wellbeing after Baby RSVP email@example.com
- Thursdays 4 pm - Yoga for Tweens/Teens/Adults with Eve Costarelli - Breathe, move, meditate then deeply relax. With a blend of styles, this yoga class aims to help you realize your true blissful self. This class designed to strengthen your body, mind, and spirit is balanced with relaxation and meditation. All levels welcomed for this one of a kind experience.
- Thursdays 7:30-9 pm - Mommying is Hard is a safe non-judgmental peer support group for moms to talk about the joys and challenges of motherhood.
General Parenting Resources
- Health and Parenting Center. This site from WebMD covers current hot topics in parenting and health, popular searches, and access to their online parenting community.
- Massachusetts Department of Children and Families. Works to prevent child abuse and neglect. Call (617) 748-2000
- Metrowest Parents of Multiples, P.O. Box 851, Framingham 01701. Provides educational, social and emotional support to parents and expectant parents of multiples in Boston’s MetroWest suburbs.
- Planned Parenthood - Tools for Parents. Great source for tips on talking to children and young adults about growing up.
For Parents of Children with Disabilities
- Autism Speaks. Information and resources for families with children on the autism spectrum.
- Family TIES of Massachusetts. Provides emotional support, information, and referral services to parents of children with special needs. Call (800)-905-8437.
- DisabilityInfo.org to connect with special needs providers. Call (800)-642-0249.
- Wayside MetroWest Parent Support Services offers guidance, resources, and support to parents and caregivers of children and adolescents with social, emotional, behavioral, learning differences or mental health needs.
- Parent’s Guide to Special Education from the Federation for Children with Special Needs. English, Spanish and Portuguese versions available.
- The Homework Center at Framingham Public Library. With over 50 tutors proficient in all subjects taught in the Framingham Public schools, the Homework Center provides FREE individualized tutoring, school project help, guided research and crafting assistance in project creation, SAT, ACT, subject test tutoring, and more. Contact Judy Gatlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Bundles. Fill out a form, and our Children's Librarians will assemble a bundle of books tailored to your child's interests.
- Chat online with a Children's Librarian Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 3-5pm.