Please see our Events Calendar to view upcoming programs for Teens.
Summer Reading Is Here!
Summer Reading for middle and high-schoolers is live at Framingham Public Library! Many of you have signed up already, but if you have yet to do so, here's how you can:
- Stop by either the Main Library or the McAuliffe Branch. There will be binder with a sign up form in each of the Teen Areas. Just fill out your name, grade, school, town, and email, and you're good to go.
- Once you've filled out the form, grab one of our Libraries Rock drawstring backpacks just for signing up! It contains a Libraries Rock bookmark, a Summer Reading Program book mark (which includes information on all of our summer programs this year), and a 10-hour reading slip.
- Every time you read 10 hours, fill out a new 10-hour reading slip and hand it in at the main desk for a free prize from the prize cart. The more you read, the more you win!
- When filling this out, make sure you select which of the six raffle prizes you’d like to be entered to win. The options are: Arts & crafts, Movies, Manga/Anime, Black Panther, Retro Gaming, and The 80s!
- At the end of Summer Reading Ice Cream/Rock Band/Karaoke party, we’ll draw a winner for each for each of the raffle prizes. The more you read, the more chances you have to win!
BTW, any reading you do this summer counts: for example, magazines, graphic novels, news, books for fun, cereal boxes, etc.—-not just books for school!
AniManga Club and Video Game Hangout are now monthly programs!
Our popular AniManga Club and Video Game Hangout programs are now happening every month! They'll usually take place on a Saturday, or a half/no school day during the week, but keep an eye out on our website event page, and/or our montly teen program bookmarks (found in the teen area, or on one of our school visits) for more information.
These programs, like all of our teen programs, are for those in grades 6-12.
Video Games are Here!
We have recently added several games for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, Wii U and XBox One to the Young Adult collection! Games may be borrowed for free for one week. We would like to expand our gaming collection, so please consider donating games you don't play any more to the library.
Forgotten Our Stuff?
We have manga, anime, fiction, paperbacks, an online list of new books, databases, Internet access, wireless, audiobooks, videos, and all kinds of nonfiction and reference materials. If you're looking for something fun to do or read, or if you just need to study, we're the place - we've got it all!
Looking for a Good Book?
Check out our Teen Reading page with lists of great books created by librarians and fellow teens.
New Arrivals in Teens
eBooks for Teens
Visit the Digital Collection for Teens here.