Children’s Library of Things
The Library of Things is a collection of items that you can check out from the library. We have telescopes, musical instruments, dolls, and more! This is the page for the children's collection.
Do you have ideas for new Things? We'd love to hear them!
Requesting, Picking Up, & Returning Things:
- To borrow a Thing, you must have a Minuteman Network Library card and sign a Library of Things Agreement.
- You can choose to sign the agreement for your account, or your child's. If you sign it for your child's account they will be allowed to check out Library of Things items without you.
- Framingham residents may request items online or by phone. Non-Framingham residents may request items only by phone.
- Things cannot be sent to any other library, and must be picked up in person.
- You will receive a notification when your item(s) are ready. Things can be picked up at the circulation desk.
- Things can only be checked out and returned to the circulation desk of the library they're from. Main library things get returned to the main library, and McAuliffe things get returned to McAuliffe. Things cannot be placed in a book drop or returned to another library in our network.
- Children's items go out for 21 days, no renewals.
- 3 Library of Things items may be checked out at once.
- For info on replacement fees, see a librarian.