Last update: January 26, 2019. This page will be updated as more forms arrive.
Tax Forms at the Library
We currently have at both Libraries:
- Federal Forms 1040. This year there is a shorter, simpler Form 1040, which replaces the current Form 1040 as well as the Form 1040A and the Form 1040EZ. This new Form 1040 uses a "building block" approach, in which the tax return is reduced to a simple form that can be supplemented with additional schedules if needed. Taxpayers with straightforward tax situations would only need to file the new 1040 with no additional schedules.
- Massachusetts Resident and Non-Resident/Part Year forms
At the Christa McAuliffe Branch Library:
- 1040 Instruction Booklets
View Online, Download & Print
You can print forms from online here:
Federal Forms: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs
Order Federal Forms by Mail
You can order Federal forms free of charge, which will arrive in the mail from the IRS in about 10 business days.
Order by Telephone
- Federal Forms: 1-800-829-3676
- MA State Forms: 1-800-392-6089
Free Tax Help
The following agencies offer free tax help through the AARP Tax Aide Program, and are geared toward seniors and people with a low to moderate income:
- Callahan Senior Center, 535 Union Avenue, by appointment. Call 508-532-5980. (February-April)
- SMOC, 7 Bishop Street, downtown Framingham, by appointment. Call 508-620-2677.
There are many other locations throughout the state, which can be accessed by visiting the AARP Tax Aide Locator.
Also, the IRS runs The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, which offers free tax help to people who make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Get more information about dates and times of service by going to the VITA site finder.