Spark Lab Makerspace
Spark Lab Opening Celebration and Open House!
Saturday September 21, 12-4pm, Main Library, Lower Level
Join us as we open our all-ages makerspace, Spark Lab, where you can imagine, design, create projects, collaborate, and develop new skills! You’ll be able to check out the wide range of materials we have, including a 3D printer, large format printer, cutting edge design software, sewing machines, art supplies, engravers, video and photography materials, circuitry and electronics, and much more.
OPENING DAY EVENTS
- Make a craft at 2pm with Mayor Yvonne Spicer
- Tours of our exciting new creative space
- Demonstrations, including 3D printing
- Hands-on activites: what will you make?
- Try out our new Oculus Quest virtual reality system and find out what else you can borrow from our Library of Things.
Sew, knit, or felt something beautiful with our sewing machine and materials.
Use your imagination and create fun and useful objects with a 3D printer.
Make electronic objects like motors and radios, or make a robot or software.
Use tools and building materials and get crafty with a variety of art supplies.