Spark Lab Makerspace
Click events for more information.
Adults (Teens if there is space): Main Library
- Intro to Machine Sewing: Tuesdays, March 10, 17 and 24, 6-7:30pm
Children and Young Adults: Main Library
- No School Bridge Construction: Tuesday, March 3, 1-4pm. All ages
- Building Boom Afternoon: Thursday, March 5, 3-5pm. Ages 5+
- Origami Club: Wednesdays March 11 and 25, 4:15-5pm. Ages 7+
- Lego Star Wars Club: Wednesdays March 11 and 25, 5:30-7pm Ages 6+
- VSCO Girl Basics: Stickers, Wednesday March 18, 3-4:30pm, Grades 6-12
- Constellation Viewer: Wednesday, March 18, 6-7pm Ages 8+
- Frida Kahlo Headband: Saturday March 21, 3-4:30pm Ages 8+
- Book Planters: Thursday March 26, 3-4:30pm Grades 6-12
- Open LEGO: Saturday March 28, 2-4pm, Grades K+
Women in STEAM Events at Christa McAuliffe Branch Library
- Constellation Building: Thursday, March 5, 1-2pm, Craft Room Ages 7-12
- Fossil Making: Saturday March 21, 11:30am-12:30pm, Craft Room Ages 7-12
- Planting Craft: Saturday March 28, 10am-12pm, Craft Room Ages 7-12
- Japanese paper marbling (suminagashi)
- 3D art using a 3Doodler
- Digital copies of your photos, old movies, negatives, vinyl records and VHS tapes
- Customizable jewelry
- Fiber arts using a multi-craft weaving loom
- Textiles using sewing machines, electronic quilt kit and light up textile projects
- 4D Art using tripods, Klutz Legos and a lighting kit with green screen and soft lights
- Engineering projects including Droid kits, moveable Lego board, soldering equipment and more
- Technology including a STEAM kit, video game kit, Vex IQ and squishy circuits
- Additional projects include printmaking, bookbinding, pastels and paints, modeling clay, stained glass kits, graphics drawing tablet, engraver, vinyl cutter, laminating, Go Pro Hero 7 and much, much more.
Sew, knit, or felt something beautiful with our sewing machine and materials.
Use your imagination and create fun and useful objects with a 3D printer.
Make electronic objects like motors and radios, or make a robot or software.
Use tools and building materials and get crafty with a variety of art supplies.