Hotlines and Support Services for Seniors
COVID-19 Information/City Services
Callahan Senior Center: 508-532-5980
The Callahan Senior Center is the City of Framingham's senior services agency. Leave a message at 508-532-5980, and someone from the Callahan will get back to you.
City of Framingham Information Line: 508-532-5411
Effective Tuesday, May 26, the Informational Line replaces the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
Like the EOC, residents will be able to get answers related to Framingham COVID-19, food resources, testing sites, and ways to slow the spread of the virus, such as social distancing and hygiene.
Staffed Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. When the Informational Line is not staffed (after 3:30 p.m. on weekdays and over the weekend), residents will receive a detailed message with information about City functions and where they can find additional information, as well as a request to leave their name, phone number and question. All messages will be returned the next business day.
Elder Protective Services (Massachusetts State Agency): (800) 922-2275. Call to report elder abuse, which includes: physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, caretaker neglect, financial exploitation and self-neglect. Elder Protective Services can only investigate cases of abuse where the person is age 60 and over and lives in the community.
- AARP Friendly Voices. 1-888-281-0145. Request a call from a trained AARP volunteer who will provide a call to say hello.
- Adults Living Alone with Beth Glick. Online Support Group, Tuesdays at 4pm. To join a session, go to https://zoom.us/j/391838434
- 2-1-1 (United Way: Community Resources). This 24/7 resource provides emergency and non-emergency referrals for food pantries, shelters, rent and utility assistance; medical, mental health and addiction resources; insurance, crisis intervention and counseling; educational and vocational training programs, ESL and GED; financial and transportation assistance; after-school programs and parenting support; and support for seniors and those with disabilities. Just call 2-1-1.
- Call2Talk Emotional Support Line. Mental health, emotional support, suicide prevention. Call (508) 532-2255 or text C2T to 741741
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 Provides free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text to chat with a trained crisis counselor.
- Disaster Distress from SAMHSA, for help during natural or man-made disasters: 1(800) 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Interface Counseling Referral Helpline: 1(888) 244-6843
- Main Emotional and Support Contact (listed on Framingham Coronavirus Community Outreach website.) Any individuals looking for strategies to manage anxiety and isolation should contact Beth Glick at (508) 989-7362 or at email@example.com.
- BayPath Elder Services, Inc. 33 Boston Post Rd. West, Marlborough. phone: (508) 573-7288 or email LGBTinfo@BayPath.org. Provides services to LGBTQ+ seniors. Confidential LGBTQ+
- Crisis Text Line– Text HOME to 741741. Provides a free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text to chat with a trained Crisis Counselor.
Miscellaneous Help for Seniors
- The Attorney General’s Elder Hotline. (888) AG-ELDER or (888) 243-5337. TTY: (617) 727-4765. The Attorney General’s Office has a statewide, toll-free hotline to help elders with a range of issues. The Elder Hotline is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The hotline is staffed by senior volunteers.
- MassOptions, a service of the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services. A referral agency for elders looking for help, such as in-home care, individuals with a disability seeking help to live independently, or family members/caregivers trying to locate services for a loved one. Call 844-422-6277 or get help through their website
- Metro West Center for Independent Living: Call 508-875-7853 for assistance.
- Callahan Senior Center. 508-532-5980. Leave a message and someone from the Callahan will get back to you.