Technology at McAuliffe
Computers and Printing
- 8 computers for Adults
- 7 computers for Teens
- 4 computers for Children
- 4 iPads for Children
- 2 AWE (early literacy) stations for Children
- 1 assistive technology station
Public Wi-Fi is available the McAuliffe Branch. Instructions for connecting to the network are available in a wireless handout which is available at the Reference desk. Wireless printing is also available. Please ask at the Reference Desk for instructions.
The McAuliffe Branch has an easy-to-use scanner located near the Reference Desk. You can save your documents as PDFs, Word Docs, JPEGs, and more. After you’re done scanning, you can print, e-mail, save to a USB, or upload to Google Drive.
The McAuliffe Branch has a fax machine that can be used with credit or debit cards. (The machine is not able to accept cash.) Faxes sent to the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean cost $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. International destinations cost $3.95 for the first page and $3.45 for each additional page.
The McAuliffe Branch has two black & white / color copy machines. Copies are $0.20 a page for black & white and $0.30 a page for color.
Assistive Technology Station
We have stations at both Main and McAuliffe to assist patrons who have impaired vision. Our technology includes:
- Devices to magnify books or objects, displaying the magnified image on a screen
- PCs with software to enlarge screen elements (for those with partial vision), and JAWS software, which allows completely blind patrons to use the computer
- A portable magnifier that patrons can use within the building