General Information About COVID-19
COVID-19 and Seniors
- Coronavirus and Older Adults: Your Questions Answered (AARP). In this article, a CDC official explains why more risk comes with age from COVID-19.
People Who Are at Higher Risk for Severe Illness (CDC): Explains why older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
AARP Live Q&A Events: The Coronavirus. Experts share information about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself via weekly live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 p.m. ET. To participate in a live session, call toll-free 855-274-9507.
Staying Informed About COVID-19 in Framingham
You can stay informed about COVID-19 in Framingham in several ways:
- By text: To receive information from the City on a mobile device, text "Join FraminghamMA" to 30890.
- Social media: Residents also can find updates on Facebook and Twitter @Framingham_MA.
- Call: For questions regarding COVID-19 in Framingham, please call the Emergency Operations Center at (508) 532-5800.
- Receive phone messages. If there is an urgent update, the City will employ the "Alert Framingham" phone messaging system, otherwise known as Rave. To sign up for the City's Rave system, please go here:https://www.smart911.com.
- Watch the "Frank and Mary in Framingham" episode on Access TV about the coronavirus and resources in Framingham.