Events Calendar / March 19, 2019
If you need help with health insurance, finding shelter or housing, and other basic services, you can talk to SMOC staff in private every Tuesday (except the second Tuesday of the month) at the Main Library. All conversations are free and confidential.
Please check in at the Reference Desk on the 3rd floor.
Join us for an amazing twelve weeks as we discuss Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way. This international bestseller has inspired millions to overcome the limiting beliefs and fears that inhibit the creative process. In it, Julia Cameron takes readers on an amazing twelve week journey to discover the inextricable link between their spiritual and creative selves.
This groundbreaking program includes:
• An Introduction to two of Cameron’s most vital tools for creative recovery – “The Morning Pages and The Artist Date”
• Hundreds of highly effective exercises and activities
• Guidance on starting a “Creative Cluster” of fellow artists who will support you in your creative endeavors
Program runs every Tuesday from January 8 - March 26.
If you are thinking of applying for U.S. citizenship, attend one of our monthly information sessions. Topics include:
- Review of eligibility to apply for citizenship
- Documents needed to complete the N-400 application
- Meaning of terms/words used in the N-400 application
- How to file your application
Drop-in, no registration required.
Join members of the Seed Lending Library for a demonstration and discussion of seed-starting methods, from basic, no frills (i.e. on your window sill) to using grow lights and heating pads. The Seed Lending Library opens on Saturday March 2. Make a plan for the seeds you will start indoors this season.
Led by Alan Feldman, Professor Emeritus at Framingham State University
This drop-in class welcomes serious poets of all ages and levels of experience who would like to participate for one or more sessions. We begin with a discussion of a topic in poetry leading to a brief in-class assignment. Poets who wish to have their work discussed should bring copies.