Fire and Police

For Emergencies: call 911 

Framingham Fire Department
10 Loring Drive, Framingham, MA 01702 
Phone: 508-532-5930

Framingham Main Police Station 
1 William Welch Way, Framingham, MA 01702 
Telephone: 508-872-1212

The police in the United States are employees of the people. Their main responsibility is to protect and serve the people of the community. When you have a problem, for example, lose your wallet or have an auto accident, you should call the police and tell them what has happened. They will do everything they can to help you. 911 is an emergency telephone service that is available in the Framingham area. Call this number only if there is a true emergency- someone is dangerously sick, hurt, or in danger. This number will also reach the Fire Department in case of fire. If you need help from the police and it is not an emergency, call one of the numbers above. These numbers are for the Framingham Police. If you live in a different town, you must look in the telephone book and call the police in your town. 

Domestic Violence

Domestic violence may take many forms: physical, emotional, and sexual. Examples are constant criticism, threats of harm, unwanted sexual contact, attempts to control your actions, rape, pushing, shoving, slapping, punching, and homicide. Victims in this situation often feel scared, angry, helpless, responsible, confused, and isolated. Their partners can be controlling, jealous, unpredictable, violent, and abusive.

Massachusetts law provides immediate protection to anyone being abused by a blood relative, former, or present household member, or someone with whom you had a significant dating relationship or share a biological child. For information about free legal help for victims of domestic violence, see the Legal Services Page. 

Voices Against Violence
Office Telephone: 508-872-4853
Hotline: 1-800-593-1125 / 508-626-8686
Voices Against Violence is a program of the South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC) in Framingham. Its services are free and confidential: 24-hour emergency hotline, crisis intervention, individual counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, battered women's shelter, referrals, and community education.


These are emergency shelters available for homeless individuals and families. Call for more information. 

Common Ground Resource Center 
7 Bishop St., Framingham, MA 01702
Telephone: 508-620-2690
Referral program serving single adult men and women over the age of 18 years.

Turning Point Single Adult Shelter, SMOC
3 Merchant Rd., Framingham, MA 01701
Telephone: 508-875-6429
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Short-term shelter for single adults; outreach and support services. 

Pathways Family Shelter, SMOC 
Telephone: 508-879-5047 
Pathways is open 24 hours, 7 days per week providing shelter for homeless families for up to 90 days. Assistance with permanent housing, nutrition, parenting, and budgeting. Priority to area families; volunteer opportunities.

Cash benefits; Food

Cash benefits; Food Stamps

Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) Welfare 
300 Howard Street, Framingham, MA 01702 
Telephone: 508-661-6600 
The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) is a state-run office that helps low-income families with cash benefits and/or food stamps. Recipients of DTA benefits are eligible for MassHealth. 

You may be eligible for DTA benefits and/or food stamps if you are low-income. You can be a one-parent or two-parent family, with at least one child. You do not have to be unemployed; however your income must fall within DTA guidelines. Even if you do not qualify for cash assistance, you may still be eligible for food stamps and/or MassHealth. Social Security and visa requirements may be obtained at the office. Interpreter services available. 

DTA assistance consists of any combination of bi-weekly cash benefits (which may be obtained through any ATM machine), monthly food stamps (which may be used in most grocery stores, only for food products), and/or MassHealth medical benefits. The amount and type of benefits you receive are determined by income and family size. 

WIC Program, SMOC
7 Bishop St., Framingham, MA 01702
Telephone: 508-620-1445
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides free food and nutrition information to help keep pregnant women, infants, and children under five healthy and strong. Participants receive nutrition counseling and financial support to purchase food staples and infant formula. Receiving WIC benefits will not prevent you from getting a green card. Eligibility is based on income level. 

Food Pantries

A Place to Turn
99 Hartford St., Natick, MA 01760
Telephone: 508-655-8868
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 9:30am-12:30pm; 
Wednesday, 11:00am-12:00pm, 5:30pm-7:00pm
Distributes food, clothing, and household items. Referral required. Assists Natick and Framingham residents. Proof of residency required. 

Pearl Street Cupboard and Cafe
10 Pearl St, Framingham MA 01702
Telephone: 888-811-3291 x4922
Monday 9am-1pm
Wednesday 9am-1pm, 5pm-7pm
Fridays 9am-1pm
Evening Hours:
Tuesday 5:30-7:30
Thursday 5:30 - 7:30

HOPE Food Pantry
214 Concord Street (Boston Church of Christ Building)
Framingham, MA 01702
Hours: Wednesday and Saturday mornings

Ashland Youth and Family Services Offices
162 West Union Street, Lower Level, Ashland, MA 01721
Telephone: 508-881-0140
M,W,Th 9am-1pm
Ashland residents only. 

Natick Service Council
Vi Tutuny Food Pantry
2 Webster St., Natick, MA
Telephone: 508-655-1791
Hours: Tuesdays and Saturdays 10:00am-1:00pm; Wednesdays and Thursdays: 5:00 pm-8:00 pm

St. Bridget€s Food Pantry
15 Wheeler Avenue, Framingham, MA 01702 
Telephone: 508-875-5959
Framingham residents only

Salvation Army
35 Concord Street, Framingham, MA 01704
Telephone: 508-875-3341
Offers free evening meals Monday through Friday.

Emergency Hotlines

Parents Helping Parents (Emergency Services Parental Stress Hotline)
Telephone: 1-800-632-8188 
This is a statewide, confidential service for parents who are overwhelmed by the stresses and problems of raising children. Counselors are on duty to answer calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Operators have access to some interpreters.

Poison Control Center 
Telephone: 1-800-222-1222 
This is a free, confidential service run by the Department of Public Health. Call this number first if someone eats or drinks anything that might be poison. It is important to have information about the substance or medication ready. The hotline operators have access to interpreters in many different languages. 

United Way's Information and Referral System
Telephone: Dial 211 
This is a free information and referral service which helps find the right agency or program to meet a variety of needs related to child care, education, employment, family, finances, health, housing, legal issues, recreation, and emotional support. 



July 2015