Digital Movies & TV
- Looking for indie or classic films, award-winning documentaries, or foreign titles a little off the beaten path? Kanopy and Kanopy Kids contain over 30,000 harder-to-find films that you can borrow online with your Framingham Public Library card! You may borrow up to five titles per month. Streaming videos from Kanopy may be borrowed for 72 hours. Create a free account, and then use on a computer or download the app to your device. Kanopy access is reserved for Framingham residents.
And now, you can stream The Great Courses FREE on Kanopy! Kanopy users now have free 30-day access to The Great Courses films. From the time you click play you will have 30 days to complete all of the videos in a course. This is without using any of your 5 monthly play credits.
News from Kanopy during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Just added to The Great Courses - Infectious Diseases Collection
- Credit-Free Viewing. Kanopy has extended the Credit-Free Viewing window through May 31, 2020. The films are updated on a weekly basis and are available at no cost for 30 days, once they appear on this list. We continue to add new films and partners to these programs and will update this list on a weekly basis.
- Kanopy Kids currently has unlimited access.
Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. All you need to access this free service is your library card number and to be a Framingham resident.
- Movies and TV episodes from Hoopla are available for 3 days (72 hours). There are no holds and everything may be downloaded instantly. Patrons are limited to 5 Hoopla check-outs per calendar month. Use on a computer or download the app. Hoopla access is reserved for Framingham residents.*
Streaming videos from Overdrive may be borrowed for 3, 5, or 7 days. Use on a computer or stream on a mobile device.